Friday 3 December 2010

DJ CULTURE: STU PATCHITT


What is this month’s floor filler?
It has to Matters (Aly & Fila Mix). It’s an uplifting tune that really gets the crowd’s attention. Lovely breakdown followed by a soaring, driving melody.


Who was/is your DJ guru/inspiration?
I’ve been DJing for about eight years now and what got me started was listening to the Global Underground and Trade albums. I was heavily inspired by the early hard dance scene, in particular, Tony De Vit. I never saw him live, but loved his productions. The energy in his tracks always did it for me. Still does.

What was your most banging Edinburgh gig ever?
Best gig would have to be my debut at Bassix @ The Lane back in September 2009. The crowd was brilliant and the atmosphere was electric. Definitely stands out for me.
What was the first track you ever bought?
My first purchase was HiGate’ Pitchin’ on 12inch. Loved it at the time and still think it’s not bad now.

Favourite all time track?
Hard one to answer as there are so many I could choose. Probably have to be Signum, Coming On Strong. It’s an oldie but you know it as soon as you hear it. It always goes down well wherever you are.

Stu Patchitt is resident DJ @ The Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment