Friday 10 December 2010



DJ CULTURE: DAVID RUST


DJ David Rust, plays all over Scotland. Best known for his lighting fast scratch techniques, mixed with big room bangers, his sets are energetic, loud and so driving he’d give the Stig a run for his money.


What is this month’s floor filler?
Without sounding biased, I would pick Bangerz and Masherz’ Are You Afraid, on Hard Kandy (Australia). Not only for the fact that I have a remix of the track out on the same release, but because I just love the track,
With its pounding kicks and twisted basses, the Australian duo are definitely one to look for in the future of tech-dance.

Who was/is your DJ guru/inspiration?
Hands down, I would have to say Scot Project wins. The guy is a living legend and has contributed massively to the scene over the years. He pretty much sculpted my musical preference, although German duo Kamui have been a massive inspiration for me as well.

What was your most banging gig ever in Edinburgh?
It would have to be the time in August when I played at Club Sesh, at The Lane, It was on the eve of my 23rd birthday and was a great night. I even had a chance to warm up for Hard Dance legend Phil York, which topped it off.

What was the first track you ever bought?
The first few records I acquired were terribly embarrassing. As I got them off my mate, and didn’t buy them,  I don’t need to embarrass myself by mentioning them.  When I came to my senses, though, and got into tech-trance and started buying records, the first record I bought was Fred Baker and Greg Nash’s Eclipse EP.

Favourite all time track?
There have been so many great tracks over the years. It’s a toss up between Marco V’s Indicator, Kamui‘s Electro Slut, Scot Project ‘s FM3 or Kidd Kaos’ I Am Digital. That’s the best I could do at narrowing them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment