Friday 26 November 2010

DJ CULTURE: JOHN NEWALL


John Newall is one of the nu breed Trance DJs, young, enthusiastic and up for anything that can be thrown at him. Resident DJ @ Elements in the Lane, you'll find him and the trance team going head to head  in a trance vs techno showdown.



1: What is this month's floor filler? For me it has to Bryan Kearney - Mexican Rave (Original Mix), such a good track, nice and banging. Although the Neal Scarborough Remix is pretty decent taking a more trancey direction.

2: Who was/is your DJ guru/inspiration?I would have to say either Tiesto or Paul Van Dyk, they were a big influence on me when i was starting out as a dj in 1999 which was when the trance scene was at its best in my opinion.

3: What was your most banging gig ever?I would defintely say my most banging gig in Edinburgh was The Lane but the gallery at the famous ministry of sound in london on july 23rd this year was the biggest to date. The venue, the crowd and the music was just out of this world and to get the chance to play at that level was unbelievable. Big thanks to my good friends hassan and sid for making that possible.

4: What was the first track you ever bought (no matter how embarrassing)?My first track i ever bought was a vinyl copy of Push - Strange World which is such a great track and still to this day gives me such nice feelings and memories when i play it. 

5: Favourite all time track?

My favourite track of all time has to be Binary Finary-1998,its such a powerful track and really gets a crowd going when it gets dropped.

No comments:

Post a Comment