Thursday 10 March 2011

DJ CULTURE: RITCHIE BRYSON

What is this month’s floor filler?
The massive On/Off, from Cirez D.

Who was/is your DJ guru/inspiration?
Daft Punk. There’s a shock for the people that know me. They have inspired me the last 15 years and are the main reason I become a DJ.

My most banging Edinburgh gig ever was...
Pulse 1st Birthday. The legendary Curtis Jones smashed it. Madness.

What was the first track you ever bought?
Oh god let me think... ha! It was Jackie Wilson’s Reet Petite in 1986. Classic tune, classic video.

Favourite all time track?
Easy, Daft Punk’s Rollin & Scratching. It is a timeless tune that, even today, sounds new. It is always guaranteed to blow up any dance floor.

Ritchie Bryson DJs at Noise Factory and Pulse, where he’ll be on the decks this Saturday with legendary techno producer Dusty Kid at The Cabaret Voltaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment