Friday 18 March 2011

DJ CULTURE: JIM LAMB


Jim Lamb can be heard on Leith FM’s underground electronic show, Vinyl Club, every Friday, and at techno night 10-86.



This month’s floor filler is... 
George Lanham & Mr Jones – Collab #3.


Who was your DJ inspiration?
Laurent Garnier. No other DJ can mix seamlessly between techno, house and dubstep and keep the crowd with him.


My most banging Edinburgh gig ever was...
The event I put on at Cabaret Voltaire’s Speakeasy in February 2010, featuring Redshape (Live). A night for the techno purist.


The first record I ever bought was...
Interior by Drax, aka Thomas P Heckmann. After hearing Dave Angel drop this bomb at Tribal Gathering in May 1993 I made it my mission to track it down.


My favourite all time track is... 
Acperience, by the one and only Hardfloor


Check out Leith FM tonight at 9pm to hear Jim and the Vinyl Club jocks mix it up with very special guest DJs.

No comments:

Post a Comment