Saturday 30 October 2010

DJ CULTURE : JAN CREE




What is this week's floorfiller?
My big tune is Umek OMGWTF (label 1605)


Who was/is your DJ guru/inspiration?
It has to be Paul Oakenfold. He was the man during the the late 80's, through the 90's, until I eventually played on the same bill as him for Colours at the Tunnel Glasgow. What an experience that was, to be playing and standing next to my all time hero.


What was your most banging Edinburgh gig ever?
This was at the City Night Club. It was New Year's Eve 2007, again for Colour under the Hed Kandi banner alongside 2 many DJs, Darren Emerson, Eric Prydz, Jonathan Lisle and Duke Dumont.


What was the first track you ever bought?
I remember buying a 12 inch version of Relax by Frankie Goes To Hollywood - not having a clue about what it was all about LOL.


Favourite all time track?
Not blowing my own trumpet but Angina by Jan Cree gives me goose bumps every time I pay it. It only got released this year but hanging about the old hard drive for ages. Feedback has been great and my daughter Erin (8) loves it. She says it gives her pins and needles. Thought I was having a heart attack when i finished it. I had chest pains and my mate in the studio shouted "That's the start of Angina mate," hence the name. So if a tune has that effect on anybody, deserves to be the all time greatest tune in their bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment